If any item arrives damaged or defective, contact us and we will arrange to replace it.
Please understand that no two yarns or kits, even of the same colorway, will ever look exactly alike. We always photograph every new dye lot of yarn that comes in, but skeins within the same dye lot can vary quite a bit; and of course, the same photo may look very different on different monitors. Colorways may vary quite a bit from one batch to another – this is part of the artistry of Fleece Artist and Hand Maiden and is not a defect.
If you decide that an item does not meet your needs, we will be happy to issue a store credit or refund for items returned in a sale-able condition within 30 days from the original date of shipping (we will be flexible if an item was delayed within the USPS). Please note: items that have shipped free and are returned for reasons other than our error or product defect will have the original cost of shipping deducted from the store credit or refund. If you prefer to make an exchange, we will not deduct the original cost of shipping from your store credit, but we will charge shipping for the replacement package. Purchase of expedited shipping (Priority, Express, etc.) cannot be refunded.
Sale-able condition, for yarn, means that the skein is still intact, including tags; it has not been wound into a ball, and it has not absorbed or been exposed to any strong odors. Sale-able condition for tools (including knitting needles, crochet hooks, accessories, etc.) means that the item includes all retail packaging (zip-top bag, plastic packaging, or box; cardboard insert and/or any brochures or instructions), and has not absorbed or been exposed to any strong odors. Please pack your item carefully — we cannot accept returns that have been damaged on their way back to us. If your returned item has acquired any odors (such as cigarette smoke, perfume/lotion, etc.), we will be unable to accept a return for any reason.
Please return items to the address below. Include a note with your name, email address, and instructions for what you’d like for us to do (refund, exchange, etc.); it is helpful if you include a copy of your receipt. Once we receive it, we’ll refund or exchange your items ASAP. We do not provide return postage labels unless we shipped out an incorrect item.
Sales of Special Order Yarns and Clearance Corner yarns are final; no returns.
If you have questions or encounter difficulties, please contact us at:
Twitchy Hands Creative
211 S. 9th St.
Philomath OR 97370
FREE SHIPPING inside US, APO, FPO, Protectorates for all yarn, needles, hooks, and accessories with no minimum purchase. You may choose to upgrade shipping for an additional cost.
FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $200US or more; orders below $200US pay actual shipping (including insurance where available) for all yarn, needles, hooks, and accessories. You may choose to upgrade the free shipping option for an additional cost.
Orders less than $200US will pay regular USPS shipping rates.
- Please also note that your country may apply customs and/or delivery fees. These fees vary from country to country and Twitchy Hands Creative, Inc. is not responsible for them, even if your order qualified for free shipping.
- We cannot include inaccurate value declarations on customs forms, as this is illegal. However, we do not include shipping fees in the total value.
- Due to USPS regulations, the maximum value of packages being shipped internationally is $400US. If your order has a total value more than $400, we will break your order up into smaller packages.
- At this time, we are unable to guarantee delivery to any international countries. Please note that the purchaser assumes the full risk of orders shipped outside of the US Postal Service coverage area.
IMPORTANT NOTICE to our customers in the UK.
Please read Notice to UK Customers
- All orders are shipped via USPS only. Please be sure to give us an accurate postal mailing address.
- Our ability to offer free shipping is based on our ability to ship efficiently. We will combine orders for shipment when you submit more than one in a single processing day or over a weekend unless instructed otherwise. We will choose the most economical shipping method available for your order.
- If you have backordered items that we expect to receive within one week and you have chosen free shipping, we will hold your order until it is complete. If you prefer us to ship a partial order, you may pay to ship the second package. All international orders will be held until all items are available, regardless of wait time.
- If you have backordered items that will be longer than one week, we will ship your in-stock items immediately and the backordered items when they arrive (for domestic orders only; all international orders will be held until complete).
- Backordered items ship via First Class Mail.
- If you are paying for expedited shipping (Priority or Express), and would like your order to go out the same day it is placed, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you. All other expedited packages, and packages that ship for free, will go out the following processing day.
- If your order ships and is returned to us because you provided an incorrect shipping address, you will be responsible for the cost of re-shipping to the correct address. If you decide to cancel the order rather than re-ship, we will refund your total less our original cost of shipping (if your order shipped for free).
- If your package is returned to us marked “unclaimed” by your post office, you will be responsible for the cost of re-shipping. If you prefer a refund, if less than 30 days has passed since your order, we will refund you for the original cost less our cost of shipping (if your order shipped for free), or for the full cost of the order (if you paid for shipping). If more than 30 days has passed, we will issue you a store credit for the cost of your original order less the cost of shipping if your item shipped for free. If you paid for shipping, you will receive the full value of your original order in store credit.
- If a package has been marked delivered by the post office, we consider it to have been delivered, and we cannot be responsible if you have not received it. Your next step will be to contact your local post office. Please provide a secure mailing address for receiving orders. If you have an unsecured mail box, you may wish to have your package delivered to an alternate address.
- If you would like to add signature confirmation or additional insurance to your package, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- We guarantee all domestic deliveries.
If a package is lost in the mail:
- Thankfully, this happens only rarely. However, please be aware that for domestic shipments, we will need to wait 10 days after the last recorded entry in the USPS Tracking History (visit www.usps.com to check tracking history) before re-shipping or refunding your order. The USPS may extend the amount of time required to declare a package lost during high-volume seasons (e.g. the end of year holidays) or during worker shortages (e.g. widespread COVID-19 outbreaks). We will always default to the current USPS lost package requirements.
- For international packages, we must wait a minimum of 30 days before initiating a lost package request. We do not guarantee delivery for international packages, so will not re-ship or refund these shipments. However, we will of course do everything we can to track down your missing package.
If you have any questions or encounter problems, please contact us at
Twitchy Hands Creative
211 S. 9th St.
Philomath OR 97370